Double glazed windows are made of two glass panes and separated by a layer of air or gas which remains sealed. These windows have been made to provide better barrier against outside temperatures than single paned ones. The reason behind this is the buffer and two glass layers that act just like insulators and the glass has a coated surface. This surface prevents the heat from entering into your home during hot cold months. Double glazed windows were originally made for extreme climates. Nowadays, they are being used in different locations for new construction and replacement windows.
Glass used for double glazed windows
- Low emissivity – This is a common choice for double glazed windows. It consists of a metallic layer that is almost invisible through the glass panes. They use a special coating that is available in different glazes and helps in accommodating different climatic conditions.
- High solar gain – It is usually preferred for areas with cool summers and winters. It helps in increasing heat or solar gain and decreases heat loss.
- Moderate solar gain – This glass is used for areas having mild summers and winters. It will allow some amount of heat to enter inside without losing light.
- Low solar gain – This is mainly for the areas where there remains mild to moderate winters and hot summers. It provides great protection from the UV rays of the sun.
Some benefits of double glazed windows
- Increases the value of your house
- Ability to save energy
- Decreases energy bills since they keep your house cool in summers and warm in winters
- Provide better insulation against noise
- Increased security since an extra layer acts as a barrier against the burglars
- Higher UV coating to prevent people and belongings from sun damage
- Extremely low maintenance
Tips for double glazed windows repair
- Work on the problem immediately – You need to contact the installer as the problem begins. If the concern was dealt over the phone initially, try to follow up with an email. This will enable you to confirm the problem being stated and point out what the professional has agreed to do for solving the issue.
- Know the time period for repair or replacement – If the problem is not sorted out by the installer on the date being mentioned, then you should contact them again. Ask them for a time span by which they can do with double glazing windows repair or replacement work.
- Provide an evidence of the problem – It is always best if you can provide some evidences of the problem. Other than the report made to the customer service representative, you should try to click photos of the damages and repairs that need to be done. This way, you can inform them about the urgency of the work to be done.
If you are looking for repairing service for double glazed windows, then visit our site www.kentglaziers.co.uk/ and talk to the glaziers about your exact requirement. They will surely help you to get the work done with ease and ensure complete safety of the windows.